[IGSTK-Users] IGSTK vs MITK

nova eka diana nekadiana at gmail.com
Sun Apr 8 22:39:58 EDT 2012

Hey all,

I'm wondering what is the difference between igstk and mitk?
In my understanding, both of igstk and mitk combine itk and vtk together.
And they also utilizing UI component widgets for GUI purpose, igstk (FLTK
or Qt), mitk (Qt).

the only difference I've seen is mitk already bundle itk+vtk+Qt together
into one project and provide GUI system which support some functionalities
like segmentation, rigid registration, etc.

But in igstk case, if I want to have the already bundle system like mitk
executable file (mitk.exe),
I must develop my own GUI system and provide some tasks from the scratch by
using some functionalities provided by itk and vtk.

Maybe someone can enlighten me the pros and cons of these two open-source
software system?
I want to develop medical surgery application, but I still cannot decide
yet between igstk and mitk? which one is a better choice?

Thank you so much, and I'm sorry if my question is not suitable to be
posted in this forum.

--

Best Regards,

Nova Eka Diana
University of Science and Technology
Intelligence and Interaction Research Center
Korean Institute of Science and Technology