[IGSTK-Users] Problem in running IGSTKSandbox PolarisTracker example

Ziv Yaniv zivy at isis.imac.georgetown.edu
Wed May 25 14:56:07 EDT 2011

Dear Arefin,

Please take a look at Examples/TrackerDataLogger . The program logs tool
transforms to file for a variety of tracking devices. Configuration is
done via an xml file similar  to that described in ch. 19.4 in the book
(www.igstk.org/IGSTK/img/IGSTKTheBookV2.pdf).  An example xml file is
provided in the TrackerDataLogger directory.

If this doesn't work out for you and you are in a hurry you can take a
look at some old code from my web site
(http://isiswiki.georgetown.edu/zivy/#software ), entry 10. The zip file
includes both source and executables although they may not match your OS.

                        regards
                               Ziv

On 5/25/2011 12:19 PM, Arefin Shamsil wrote:
>  Hi there,
>
> I have been trying to run the IGSTKSandbox PolarisTracker example for
> quite a while now without any success. Using this example, I need to
> connect to the Polaris tracker and obtain and record the marker
> position coordinates and orientation angles over a period of time.
>
> All my devices are connected and configured with proper driver. But
> when I run the PolarisTracker example, it builds successfully and runs
> and then terminates. I do not see the tracker data stream.
>
> Does anybody know what is the reason for it? Should I hard-code the
> SROM directory and the SROM filename in the source code? In fact I did
> that but still I get nothing. Please help me diagnose this issue.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Arefin

Ziv Yaniv, PhD., Research Assistant Professor
Imaging Science and Information Systems (ISIS) Center
Department of Radiology
Georgetown University Medical Center
2115 Wisconsin Avenue, Suite 603
Washington, DC, 20007,