[IGSTK-Users] Problem in running IGSTKSandbox PolarisTracker example

Alberto Vaccarella alberto.vaccarella at mail.polimi.it
Wed May 25 13:47:58 EDT 2011

Hi Arefin,

instead of hard-coding file names into the source, try to run the
PolarisTracker example from command line (don't just double-click on the
executable) and use the correct arguments; something like:

./PolarisTrackerExample logger_filename srom_filename port_number

Additionally, as you can see from the source code, this example will save to
file only the position vector (x,y,z); if you need also orientation you can
add some code using transform.GetRotation().
For more details please refer to:
http://public.kitware.com/IGSTK/NightlyDoc/classigstk_1_1Transform.html

Hope this helps,
Alberto

2011/5/25 Arefin Shamsil <marefin at uwo.ca>

>  Hi there,
>
> I have been trying to run the IGSTKSandbox PolarisTracker example for quite
> a while now without any success. Using this example, I need to connect to
> the Polaris tracker and obtain and record the marker position coordinates
> and orientation angles over a period of time.
>
> All my devices are connected and configured with proper driver. But when I
> run the PolarisTracker example, it builds successfully and runs and then
> terminates. I do not see the tracker data stream.
>
> Does anybody know what is the reason for it? Should I hard-code the SROM
> directory and the SROM filename in the source code? In fact I did that but
> still I get nothing. Please help me diagnose this issue.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Arefin

Alberto Vaccarella

PhD Student
NEARlab - Bioengineering Department
Politecnico di Milano, via Colombo 40, 20133 Milan, Italy
www.biomed.polimi.it/nearlab

email: alberto.vaccarella at mail.polimi.it
phone: +39 02-2399-9013