[IGSTK-Users] Having Issues in running TrackingVolumeViewer example in IGSTK

Michel Audette michel.audette at kitware.com
Wed May 18 18:11:26 EDT 2011

Hi Arefin,

doing a quick search for the error message, I suspect that you are seeing
the following logic being invoked (feel free to confirm with prints or a
debugger)...

void
TrackerConfigurationXMLFileReaderBase::EndElement( const char *name )
{

  if( itksys::SystemTools::Strucmp( name, "tracking_system" ) == 0 )
    {
    this->m_ReadingTrackerConfiguration = false;
    //see that we got all the data, perhaps replace with a more
    //specific message with regard to the missing tag(s)
*    if( !HaveConfigurationData() )
      {
      throw FileFormatException( std::string( "Missing tag(s) in xml file."
) );
      }*
    }

This points to the question: why does the xml file that you use not provide
the needed configuration data?

This may require you to either compare your xml file with some for other
trackers, or use a debugger to nail this down on a step-by-step basis.

Let us know how you get on.

Michel

Michel Audette, Ph.D.
R & D Engineer,