[IGSTK-Users] Multiframe DICOM

Satish Satish at compusol.in
Wed Jan 5 01:00:51 EST 2011

Hi Ziv,

Thanks for elaborating on this. Yes it is a xa projection (axial slices
from what I can see).

I followed your (and Louis and other) suggestion (added xa image reader
objects) and have created a new igstk app in visual studio 9.0 on the
lines of needle-biopsy app, and is now able

to load the image file and display in the 4 quadrants, only if they are
loaded from a folder with .dcm image series. Had to split the large
DICOM file into its frames as .dcm into

a folder to do this. It was not loading if I tried with one single large
file.

I am by no means a expert on igstk, and might me missing many things
here. Anyway, the goal is to load large xa modality files and perform
segmentation based on our custom

algorithms which intend to use ITK for this. Registration and
visualization will follow.

First question is will igstk allow us to access full potential of ITK
for segmentation, or we have to rely on what igstk provides. Also in
cases like the hack you mentioned, how do we

Integrate ITK pipe into igstk if we have to fall back on ITK to
load/process large DICOM files through igstk.

Also along the roadmap is to be able to grab the DICOM fluoro directly
from the c-arm, and superimpose 3d data over 2d-fluoro, question is will
igstk support this kind of approach.

Again I'm not an expert on igstk (I'm .net architect), so are we on
right track?

Cheers

-          satish