[IGSTK-Users] IGSTK NeedleBiopsy examples read CT images only?

Patrick Cheng cheng at isis.georgetown.edu
Fri Feb 25 10:02:48 EST 2011

Hi Lai,

We should have better error message in this application. It's been sent
to cout at the moment.

In IGSTK, for safety reasons, we use strong type checking, which
includes image modalities. The NeedleBiopsy example uses

#include "igstkCTImageReader.h"
#include "igstkCTImageSpatialObjectRepresentation.h"

   /** typedef for ImageReaderType */
   typedef igstk::CTImageReader                        ImageReaderType;
   typedef ImageReaderType::ImageSpatialObjectType
ImageSpatialObjectType;
   typedef ImageSpatialObjectType::IndexType           IndexType;

   /** typedef for ImageRepresentationType */
   typedef igstk::CTImageSpatialObjectRepresentation
ImageRepresentationType;

If you want to read MR images, you need to change these include header
and type definitions to igstkMRImageReader and
igstkMRImageSpatialObjectRepresentation.

Patrick