[IGSTK-Users] IGSTK: Polaris and recorded images synchronization

l khinwee khinwee at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 25 07:05:20 EST 2011

Hi All IGSTK Users,

i have a question regarding IGSTK. I am trying to reconstruct 3D ultrasound
images from a series of 2D images,and i have a Polaris Optical tracking devices
working together with the ultrasound machine while recording the 2D image
slices. My idea is to synchronize the position orientation with each of the
recording 2D images, before further reconstruct into 3D.

Can i using IGSTK for this works? I have go through some examples from IGSTK,
such as NeedleBiopsy, Navigation and etc. But the examples is trying to navigate
the needle(or Polaris Passive Marker) positions. Some how it is not the goal
that i wish to achieve.

I realize that there are a class vtkNDITracker.cxx from VTK. Should i focus on
this vtk implementation, or trying the IGSTK. I have no idea which tools should
i using. Please advise me, thank you very much.

regards,
Lai