[IGSTK-Users] Transform Observers and Individual Sphere Tracking (Polaris)

Tim Plummer plummer.junk at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 18:49:34 EDT 2009

Hi,
I contacted the users list several weeks ago regarding adding
functionality for tracking systems that allow for the tracking of
individual spheres.  The idea is to get the tracking data from a
Polaris camera for each tracking sphere and then perform a fit to find
the tool locations.

The question that I have is about Transform Observers.  Is it possible
to specify which transform of an Object that the TransformObserver
gets when GetTransform is called?  In other words, can one tool have
several transforms associated with it each with its own
TransformObserver?
If this is possible, then I think that I can store all of the Tool
transform data in one class rather than having to make a tracker
sphere class which will sit under the TrackerTool class.  Any other
thoughts on this topic would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Tim Plummer