[IGSTK-Users] Polaris reference tool

Ziv Yaniv zivy at isis.imac.georgetown.edu
Mon Mar 30 09:45:34 EDT 2009

Dear Jason YEE,

To set a tool as a dynamic reference you first initialize the tool as
you would with all tools then attach it to the tracker and finally set
it as a dynamic reference.

pseudo code:

Tracker;
Tool;

Create and initialize tracker;
Create and initialize Tool;

Tool->RequestAttachToTracker(Tracker);
Tracker->RequestSetReferenceTool(Tool);

Once you start tracking the reported transformation will be relative to
the reference frame.

If you are looking for generic code that works with all IGSTK supported
trackers please take a look at the TrackerController class and the
tracker configuration and xml file readers. These allow you to specify
the tool configuration in an xml file and you don't have to write the
initialization and setup code as described above. A good example of
using this framework is the Navigator application.

               regards
                    Ziv

Jason YEE wrote:
> greetings,
>
> I am encountering a problem with the reference port handle of the
> polaris currently, I seek your help:
>
> There is no API command for setting the reference port handle (Is it
> right?), so how the position sensor know which tool has been set to be
> the reference?
>
> Could you please tell me a method for setting the reference and getting
> transform with respect to reference?
>
> Any help is very much appreciated,
>
> Regards,
>
> Jason
> See all the ways you can stay connected to friends and family
> <http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowslive/default.aspx>

Ziv Yaniv, PhD., Research Assistant Professor
Imaging Science and Information Systems (ISIS) Center
Department of Radiology
Georgetown University Medical Center
2115 Wisconsin Avenue, Suite 603
Washington, DC, 20007,