[IGSTK-Users] Tool positions or Tools Translations?

Jake McIvor jdmcivor at interchange.ubc.ca
Mon Jun 29 13:28:57 EDT 2009

Hey Eric,

Can you clarify something? Is there any relative motion between your
passive markers, or are they fixed to a rigid body?

If they are fixed like a 'normal' wireless tool, you should be able to
setup your scene graph in IGSTK to match the settings in the .rom
file.  I think you want to use the RequestComputeTransformTo() method
instead of the GetTransform() method.  The argument should be whatever
your reference is (I think you were using a static reference tool).
The GetTransform() method only returns the transform to an objects
parent, which in this case would be your tool, and the transform you
defined.

Although it is possible to get single (stray) marker position data
from Polaris, as others have mentioned, IGSTK doesn't really support
it. I believe the difficulty is because there is no way to keep track
of which marker is which.

So, if you just want to recreate where the markers were as you moved a
wireless tool, you should be able to change your method as above. If
you want to look at the actual positions of the markers, it will be
more difficult.

Hope that helps,

Jake

--