[IGSTK-Users] Automatic Tool Attachment

Andinet Enquobahrie andinet.enqu at kitware.com
Mon Jul 20 21:20:34 EDT 2009

Hi Tim-

It is a good question.  To implement this feature, it requires a major
modification to the current IGSTK tracking component architecture. In
the current architecture, in a nutshell the following procedure is
followed.

1) Instantiate a tracker tool ( using the appropriate parameters )
2) Make a request to attach the tracker tool to the tracker ( For
example, for wired tools, the tracker verifies the information
provided in step 1 by querying the hardware. Checking if there are
uninitialized handles for example in NDI trackers )
3) Upon verification, the tool gets attached to the tracker
4) During the tracking update cycle, transform information is gathered
for each tool.

So, as you can see automatic detection and tracking of tool would
require more than a slight modification in the
InternalThreadedUpdateStatus method.

Andinet