[IGSTK-Users] Help, Problem with NeedleBiopsy

Eric L. B. eric_lb at hotmail.com
Thu May 22 13:22:49 EDT 2008

Hi, my name is Eric. I'm a begginner in IGSTK and i need to work with a Polaris Tracker.
I've builded with no problems (maybe some problems) all the librarys required, following the building instructions in the IGSTK book.
I'm using MS VisualStudio 8.0, in MS WinXP Media Center Edition, SP2.
VTK 5.0.4
FLTK 1.1.9
ITK 3.2.0
And i'm using IGSTK 3.0 because cannot build IGSTK 2.0.1.
Also, i can build sucessfully the Sandbox 3.0, but the NeedleBiopsy building generates some errors:

Warning 1 warning C4996: 'sscanf': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using sscanf_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details. C:\STK\ITK\InsightToolkit-3.2.0\Utilities\gdcm\src\gdcmSerieHelper.h 114 Error 2 error C2039: 'SetTimeStampFormat' : is not a member of 'igstk::Logger' c:\STK\IGSTK\Sandbox-3.0\Examples\NeedleBiopsy\NeedleBiopsy.cxx 37 Error 3 error C2039: 'HUMANREADABLE' : is not a member of 'itk::LoggerBase' c:\STK\IGSTK\Sandbox-3.0\Examples\NeedleBiopsy\NeedleBiopsy.cxx 37 Error 4 error C2065: 'HUMANREADABLE' : undeclared identifier c:\STK\IGSTK\Sandbox-3.0\Examples\NeedleBiopsy\NeedleBiopsy.cxx 37 Error 5 error C2039: 'SetHumanReadableFormat' : is not a member of 'igstk::Logger' c:\STK\IGSTK\Sandbox-3.0\Examples\NeedleBiopsy\NeedleBiopsy.cxx 38

The code with problems is:
this->GetLogger()->SetTimeStampFormat( itk::LoggerBase::HUMANREADABLE );
this->GetLogger()->SetHumanReadableFormat("%Y %b %d, %H:%M:%S");

I have no idea what happens with this code, maybe there is a problem with the include files, or incompatible versions, I don't know.
The principal problem is what can I do to use the Polaris Tracker, initialisize, the communication, etc. I need some example where I can see a Polaris Tracker working :P. The Needle Biopsy is a good example, but I can't build it!!!!!
Please help me, please :D
I hope can uderstand my bad engish :P