[IGSTK-Users] Camera positioning and orientation based on Spatial Object

Patrick Cheng cheng at isis.georgetown.edu
Thu May 22 11:29:03 EDT 2008

Hi Aswin,

The new coordinate system API we added into IGSTK can possibly help
solve your problem very easily.

Take a look at the NeedleBiopsy example application, and the
documentation page on our wiki, detailing how to connect the scene graph:

http://public.kitware.com/IGSTKWIKI/index.php/Needle_Biopsy#How_to_connect_the_scene_graph

Bullet point 7:
" The flexible scene graph design not only allows you to compute the
transform between any two connected points in the scene graph tree but
also allows you to see the world from different perspective. For
example, if you want to observe the scene from a NeedTip's point of view
as it's moving in the patient anatomy, just attach the View to the
NeedleTip."

We haven't tried this capability in a real application. If you could
test it in your application and give us some feed back, that would be great.

Thank you,

Patrick