[IGSTK-Users] spatial object after expired data validity AND tracker updating signal instead of position

Andinet Enquobahrie andinet.enqu at kitware.com
Wed Jul 16 10:29:51 EDT 2008

Hi Aswin,
> Hi everyone,
>
> I have noticed that in case I lose connection to my tracker, the
> spatial object connected to it disappears after the data validity time
> has expired. Would it be possible to change the color of the spatial
> object, say from green to red, rather than letting it disappear
> altogether?

You are correct. The current behavior is that the object will disappear
if the transform
time expires. We would like to keep it as it is in cvs ( main distribution )
However, for your own use, you can locally modify the state machine
configuration in
ObjectRepresentation class to be able to change the actor color when the
transform
time expires.  It is straight forward to do that.

In the ObjectRepresentation::RequestVerifyTimeStampAndUpdateVisibility()
method,

1) InvalidTimeStamp input gets invoked if the time expires, otherwise
the ValidTimeStamp input
will be invoked.

2) These state input will initiate a transition to methods that will
turn on/off the actor
visibility. All you need to do is modify these methods and change the
actor colors instead of
turning on/off the visibility.

> Also, I need to write a tracker for spirometer input through NiDAQ.
> Now, by default, a tracker updates a transform. But mine's more of a
> signal (breathing) than position. Should I just write it that the
> signal is one axis of the transform with the other two set to zero? Is
> there a better way?
Yes, for minimal change, you can store the signal value as one of the
components
 of the translation vector of the tool transform and keep the others to
zero.  You will need
 to write NiDAQ specific tracker and trackerTool classes. You might want
to start
with the current tracker classes.

Let us know if you more questions..

-Andinet