[IGSTK-Users] tracking in IGSTK 3

"Özgür Güler" ozgur_guler at gmx.at
Tue Apr 15 10:27:35 EDT 2008

Hallo,

> 1) What components do you have in your application? (How many tracker
> tools,
>      View, Image spatial object...etc)

//VIEW
igstk::FLTKWidget
igstk::View2D
igstk::View3D
//READER
igstk::CTImageReader
//IMAGE OBJECT
ImageSpatialObjectType;
//IMAGE OBJECT REPRESENTATION
igstk::CTImageSpatialObjectRepresentation
//REGISTRATION
igstk::Landmark3DRegistration
//TRACKING
igstk::SerialCommunication
igstk::PolarisTracker
igstk::PolarisTrackerTool
igstk::TransformObserver

> 2) How are they connected?  ( a sketch of collaboration diagram between
> the components would
>  be great .)
> 3) What is the work flow of your application?

 LIKE THE THE NEEDLE BIOPSY EXAMPLE IGSTK SANDBOX 2.0.1

I'll go through the relevant parts namely setting transformations and parents

1. Read image with the reader
and get the image through the image observer and set

m_ImageSpatialObject->RequestSetTransformAndParent( transform, worldReference );
//worldRerence is a AxesObject and transform an identity transform

2. Initialize Views and set e.g.

DisplayAxial->RequestSetTransformAndParent( transform, worldReference );

3. Get landmarks from image

4. Initialize Tracker, TrackerTool and drfTool and set
drfTool->RequestAttachToTracker( m_Tracker );
m_Tracker->RequestSetReferenceTool( drfTool );
m_Tracker->RequestStartTracking();

5. Get landmarks from patient with tracker
m_Tracker->RequestUpdateStatus();
trackerTool->RequestGetTransformToParent();

6. Compute Registration
m_Tracker->RequestStopTracking();
m_LandmarkRegistration->RequestComputeTransform();
m_LandmarkRegistration->RequestGetRMSError();
m_LandmarkRegistration->RequestGetTransformFromTrackerToImage();
...through event
drfTool->RequestSetTransformAndParent(m_ImageToTrackerTransform, worldReference);

7. Start Tracking
m_Needle->RequestSetTransformAndParent( transform, trackerTool );
m_NeedleTip->RequestSetTransformAndParent( transform, trackerTool );
m_Tracker->RequestStartTracking();
m_PulseGenerator->RequestStart();

8. Tracking

... I'm not sure which one to use
trackerTool->RequestComputeTransformTo( worldReference );
//trackerTool->RequestGetTransformToParent();
//trackerTool->RequestComputeTransformTo( drfTool );
//trackerTool->RequestComputeTransformTo( m_Tracker );

thx yet

özgür

> >Hello,
> >
> >I've written an igstk app with release 2. It works well.
> >Now I'll port this app to igstk release 3.
> >I'm using a PolarisTracker (1.Generation (driver written by me)) with a
> referenceTool. Tracking works well.
> >In detail I've problems to set correctly the
> >->RequestSetTransformAndParent(..,..)
> >functions for the Objects Tracker, TrackerTool, ReferenceTool,
> ImageSpatialObject.
> >

> >I tried many constellations e.g. one of them
> >m_ImageSpatialObject->RequestSetTransformAndParent(transform,
> worldReference);
> >//tracker init: transform = identity
> >referenceTool->RequestSetTransformAndParent(transform, worldReference);
> >//landmark registration: transform = computed from registration
> >referenceTool->RequestSetTransformAndParent(transform, worldReference);
> >//Tracking
> >trackerTool->RequestComputeTransformTo( worldReference );
> >
> >this constellation didn't work.
> >Is there an error in my reasoning?
> >How should I set up the associations between the transforms and the
> object parents?
> >
> >please help.
> >
> >best regards
> >
> >özgür güler
> >ENT clinic
> >Innsbruck Austria
> >

> --
> Andinet A. Enquobahrie, PhD
> R&D Engineer
> Kitware Inc.
>
> 28 Corporate Drive
> Clifton Park, NY 12065-8662
> Phone: 518-371-3971 x124
> www.kitware.com

Psst! Geheimtipp: Online Games kostenlos spielen bei den GMX Free Games!
http://games.entertainment.gmx.net/de/entertainment/games/free