[IGSTK-Users] ChoosePixelFormat error when leaving NeedleBiopsy application

Andinet Enquobahrie andinet.enqu at kitware.com
Fri Apr 11 10:58:55 EDT 2008

Hi Sebastian,

I am looking into the SerialCommunication issue you mentioned in the
release mode.

> I managed to open the serial communication in debug and wake up the
> bird, but fails in release. Could this be related to Bug report
> #0006396 by Patrick Cheng?

I just generated a release build in VS2005 and tried communicating with
my Polaris Tracker. The
serial communication work fine. I do get the"ChoosePixelFormat" error
but that is a different issue.
Can you give us more information what happens when you try the serial
communication in release mode?

You can use the igstkPolarisTrackerTest4

igstkTests igstkPolarisTrackerTest4  logFile
SerialCommunicationPortNumber  TrackerToolPortNumber1 TrackerToolPortNumber2

For example, please run the following command and post the log file.

igstkTests igstkPolarisTrackerTest4 logFile 0 0 1

Make sure you use the correct serial communication port number for your
setup ( it is not always 0 ).
The tracker tool port number arguments don't matter here (the tracker
tool attachment will fail. And that is ok)
We just want to find out where the serial communication is failing.

Thanks,
-Andinet

PS: Patrick,

Since you filed a bug report on this issue. if you could also run the
same test and post
the result, it will be great.

Andinet A. Enquobahrie, PhD
R&D Engineer