[IGSTK-Users] Problem while linking ObjectRepresentations with mouse events

Vincent Gratsac vincent.gratsac at irisa.fr
Fri Nov 16 12:30:35 EST 2007

Hi igstk-users,

I'm developing a Qt application which will be able to open as many
SpatialObjects as the user wants.
Now I'm working on linking ImageSpatialObjectRepresentations with mouse
events.

My problem appears when I want to update all Representations' slice
number, depending on mouse coordinates :

    - First, there is no method like RequestGetImageSpatialObject() in
the ImageSpatialObjectRepresentation class, so I can't call
TransformPhysicalPointToIndex() method for translating mouse coordinates
to image slice. I found no way to know which image object is related to
each representation.

    - Second, I can't get the Representation's orientation. So I don't
know which coordinate component I have to use when calling the
RequestSetSliceNumber() method. (x, y or z ?)

I suppose that ImageSpatialObject and Orientation are not exposed in the
ImageSpatialObjectRepresentation class for security reasons...

Actually, the only solution is can see would be to "manually" store
relation between an ImageSpatialObjectRepresentation and its
ImageSpatialObject and Orientation.

Does anyone have suggestions which could help me ?

Thank you,

Vincent

--
Vincent Gratsac
Unité/Projet VisAGeS U746

Ph:  +33 (0) 2 23 23 49 20/ Fax: +33/0 2 99 84 71 71
email: Vincent.Gratsac at irisa.fr
http://www.irisa.fr/visages/