[IGSTK-Users] Using itk writer on linux?

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Fri Mar 30 08:20:44 EDT 2007

Hi Yoav,

Thanks for providing the additional information about the
file format and filename that you are using.

Three suggested ways of visualizing your DICOM images are
below:

1) Use Slicer :  you can download binaries for free from
    www.slicer.org. You can also download the source code.

OR

2) Use the ImageViewer from InsightApplications/ImageViewer.
    You will need FLTK 1.1.6 in order to build this application.

OR

3) Use/modify the examples in InsightApplications/Auxiliary/vtk

           itkReadITKImageShowVTK.cxx
           itkReadITKImage3DSegmentShowVTK.cxx

You may also find an extended list of free DICOM viewers at

     http://www.sph.sc.edu/comd/rorden/dicom.html#links

Regards,

    Luis