[IGSTK-Users] Landmark3DRegistration::computeRMSError()

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed Jul 18 08:52:21 EDT 2007

Hi Torleif

The method that computes the RMS error must not be in the public API
because the are conditions that must be statisfied before the
computation can be performed. A premature attempt to compute and RMS
error will result in a bogus numerical result. Only the state machine
can determine when the appropriate conditions for computing the RMS
are met.

However, once the computation is performed, we should offer a public
method "RequestGetRMS", that will send the RMS value on a Event with
payload.

As you pointed out, that extra method "RequestGetRMS()" should follow
the Request/Observer pattern.

    Luis