[IGSTK-Users] please help me about running application problem

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Thu Aug 30 11:20:52 EDT 2007

Hi Somayeh,

1) Writing a HelloWorld.cpp and its associated CMakeLists.txt
    file is the *minimum* that you need in order to create an
    application based on IGSTK.

    Please take a look at the IGSTK book:

        http://www.igstk.org/papers/IGSTKTheBook.pdf

    in pdf-page 43-48.

    Creating .fl files is only needed if you want to make
    a nicer graphical user interface.

    If you are not familiar with FLTK, I will suggest you
    to first look at some of the FLTK tutorials available
    on the Web.

2) The procedure that you describe for running your application
    is correct. You need to:

     a) Write the CMakeLists.txt file
     b) Write the code in a .cpp file
     c) Configure with CMake
     d) Open the .sln file with Visual Studio
     e) Build the project (compile and link)
     f) Use F5 (if debugging) or
        Ctrl+F5 for just running or
        with Explorer go to the binary directory
        and double click on the .exe file.

     You shouldn't have to put your application inside the
     Examples directory of IGSTK.

     Please read the instructions of the IGSTK Book.

3) According to the error message that you posted, you
    clearly have missed to provide the location of
    the "FLUID" executable.

    Can you please post to the mailing list the
    CMakeLists.txt file that you are using ?

   Regards,

      Luis