[IGSTK-Users] IGSTK, WIN32 and QT3?

Andinet Enquobahrie andinet.enqu at kitware.com
Wed Aug 29 12:07:19 EDT 2007

Hi Andeka,

> Ok. So, what would it be your suggestion for using IGSTK in win32,
> completely free and open source? I understand that the main idea is to
> implement a powerful library, not a GUI, but are the application
> examples going to be only in FLTK and QT4?
> Are you planning to develop igstk::view classes e.g. for xwWidget? I
> guess only the "View" classes (and the derived view2D/3D classes)
> would be needed.\
> Finally, would it be possible (and actually convenient) to use the
> free QT4 for MinGw?

For now, our goal is to support only FLTK and QT4.  However if you have
a need to extend igstk::View class for other
GUI libraries such as wxWidget, I can give you pointers on how to
implement it. In fact, if you decide to implement it and
if your implementation follows IGSTK coding guideline, it will be a
great contribution to the toolkit.

-Andinet