[IGSTK-Users] Needle Biopsy demonstration and display problems

Patrick Cheng cheng at isis.georgetown.edu
Thu Apr 12 10:26:14 EDT 2007

Hi Sophie,

I am sorry, I was a little confused about last email. So the problem is:
The image reads fine, but they are not displayed in the correct orientation.

This problem might be because the images do not have the complete
acquisition parameters, such as the "patient orientation direction cosine".

In igstkView2D.cxx line 56:

/** Select the orientation of the View */
void View2D::RequestSetOrientation( const OrientationType & orientation )
{
   igstkLogMacro( DEBUG, "igstk::View2D::RequestSetOrientation called
....\n");

   m_Orientation = orientation;

   double focalPoint[3];
   double position[3];

   for ( unsigned int cc = 0; cc < 3; cc++)
     {
     focalPoint[cc] = 0.0;
     position[cc]   = focalPoint[cc];
     }

   const double distanceToFocalPoint = 1000;

   switch( m_Orientation )
     {
     case Sagittal:
       {
       position[0] += distanceToFocalPoint;
       m_Camera->SetViewUp (     0,  0,  1 );
       break;
       }
     case Coronal:
       {
       position[1] -= distanceToFocalPoint;
       m_Camera->SetViewUp (     0,  0,  1 );
       break;
       }
     case Axial:
       {
       position[2] -= distanceToFocalPoint;
       m_Camera->SetViewUp (     0,  -1,  0 );
       break;
       }
     }

   m_Camera->SetPosition (   position );
   m_Camera->SetFocalPoint ( focalPoint );
   m_Camera->SetClippingRange( 0.1, 100000 );
   m_Camera->ParallelProjectionOn();
}

This is where all the cameras being set up, affects the view orientation
in the display window.

If you can't find the problem with the data. One thing you can do is to
adjust your camera so that it's being positioned in the right way.

You can add a function in igstkView class {View class will be refactored
to include this function in the future}:

   /** Request to return the camera to a known position */
   void RequestSetCamera( vtkCamera * camera )
   {
     m_Camera = camera;
     this->m_Renderer->SetActiveCamera( m_Camera );
   };

You can then set up your camera in similar way and pass it on to your
view window.

Hope this helps,

Patrick