[IGSTK-Users] Wish feature for better user interaction

Patrick Cheng cheng at isis.georgetown.edu
Mon Aug 7 07:54:08 EDT 2006

Hi Fucang,

We are glad that IGSTK helped and thank you for your feature requests.

I will go ahead and add your request to the IGSTK WishList on the wiki
for the future enhancement of the toolkit:
http://public.kitware.com/IGSTKWIKI/index.php/IGSTK_WishList

Now I can answer some of your requests:

1. Agree, there should be a way to indicate which tracker tool is missing.

2. We deliberately encapsulate the vtkRenderWindow functions for safety
concern. But this does cause some inconveniences. We can either have
some reset view position functions to bring back the initial view  or we
can limit the user interactions to some extend. The later one maybe more
safer and reasonable. For instance, the surgeon can not view the image
out of the range of a surgical room size of block centered at the image.

3. W/L is supported by the view class, but it not a good idea to have it
hookup with the drag interaction after discussion among developers. We
should use a slider bar on the GUI to adjust the W/L.

4. Agree, I am working on using different pickers right now, wish keep
you posted on the latest development.

Thank you,

Patrick