[IGSTK-Developers] Re: SceneGraphExamples

Patrick Cheng cheng at isis.georgetown.edu
Mon Sep 17 16:46:59 EDT 2007

Hi Frank,

This is an excellent graphical illustration of the scene graph concept
in surgery.

As we discussed in the last tcon, we will:
1. Use Tracker Frame, Reference Frame, and Data Frame (or Volume Frame)
2. Take Tracker out of the scene graph tree
3. Assume we have a single tracker in application right now, may develop
composite Trackers class in the future.
4. The PatientToImageTransform in old API should now be associated with
a ImageSpatialObject instead of Tracker, to be able to accommodate
multiple image volumes in the application
5. Have a single reference in the appliaction
6. Remove coordinate system from SpatialObject and Tracker class
Please add anything I have missed here.

Luis, could you work with Frank to carry out the refactoring? I am not
sure if this is clear enough for you to continue or not. I think Frank
could take the lead in naming and defining the API. Let's move this
forward and try to close the release in this month.

Thank you,

Patrick