[IGSTK-Developers] Dashboard is in an awful state

Andinet Enquobahrie andinet.enqu at kitware.com
Fri Sep 14 08:13:40 EDT 2007

Dear all,

The dashboard looks really bad this morning.

The cause of the problem is that  most of the machines submitting to the
dashboard build the Sandbox against
CVS version of VTK. These machines include

xeon
build02
redwall
zion

And the recent additions to vtkImagePlaneWidget2D use VTK 5.0.

Referring to the "how to build IGSTK" wiki page, we have indicated that
IGSTK can be build with
VTK 5.0 or CVS.

http://public.kitware.com/IGSTKWIKI/index.php/How_to_build_IGSTK

This was not an issue so far because we haven't been using latest
versions of the VTK classes.

I think we need to pick ONE version and use it in all the machines in
the dashboard.

In any case, we need to clean this up before we head out for the
weekend. We can't leave it in this state for
few days.

Since it is going to require a lot of effort to rebuild all the machines
with the correct VTK version,
I will modify the class to use VTK CVS as a short term solution.

In the next tcon, we need to discuss and decide on particular versions
of  ITK and VTK that IGSTK will be
supporting.

Let me know if you see any issue with this solution.

-Andinet

Andinet A. Enquobahrie, PhD
R&D Engineer
Kitware Inc.