[IGSTK-Developers] A question for the state machine

Patrick Cheng cheng at isis.georgetown.edu
Wed Jan 25 16:12:58 EST 2006

Hi Luis,

I think we should check m_ReadyToRun first before executing the code in
SelectInitialState() method.

It seems that, after the construction of the state machine, and
SetReadyToRun() being called, at run time, we can still do
SelectInitialState to arbitrarily change the current state, which is not
'safe' enough.

This could also be a problem for deep copy of igstk object.

1. Some how we need a way to change the state of the new object after
it's being contructed, to make it the same as the object being copied.

2. Even if we keep the SelectInitialState() as the way it is, we can not
use it. The change of current state, should use the state 'descriptor'
not 'token'. SelectInitialState() is passing the state 'token'

3. Or we just simply don't provide this copy() method.

Please refer to BUG:2689

Patrick