[IGSTK-Developers] Some recent bugs and changes

Patrick Cheng cheng at isis.georgetown.edu
Fri Jan 6 23:41:01 EST 2006

Hi guys,

I recently submit several bugs. They are:

1.----------------------------------------------------------------------
BUG: 2688. ImageSpatialObjectRepresentation class bug, uninitialized
memory access (I put in a fixed already)
http://public.kitware.com/Bug/bug.php?op=show&bugid=2688&pos=3

( Kevin Jr, Could you please have a look at this one? This one relates
to the interaction between the ImageSpatialObjectRepresentation and
View. ImageSpatialObjectRepresentation needs a input:
ImageSpatialObject, and has to be added to the View for display.
  Some principals I followed here are:
1. When there is no image available, and we add the representation to
View, we should not connect the VTK pipeline. When there is a valid
image, then we should connect the pipeline.
2. Every time we get a new image, we should connect the pipeline again.
3. The order of set image and add to view should not matter
)

2.----------------------------------------------------------------------
BUG: 2667. delete vtkObject ERROR messages in tests
http://public.kitware.com/Bug/bug.php?op=show&bugid=2667&pos=5

Failed test can be found at:
http://public.kitware.com/IGSTK/Sites/camelot.kitware/Linux-g++-3.4+Loopback/20060106-1308-Experimental/Test.html
( Kevin Jr, could you also take a look at this one? The VTK reference
counting problems)

3.----------------------------------------------------------------------
BUG: 2689 Representation class's Copy() method should copy it's state
machine and current states
http://public.kitware.com/Bug/bug.php?op=show&bugid=2689&pos=2

4.----------------------------------------------------------------------
BUG: 2695 Update Extend Error with the ImageReader
http://public.kitware.com/Bug/bug.php?op=show&bugid=2695&pos=0

Testing code to expose this problem has been added to the end of
­igstkCTImageSpatialObjectReadingAndRepresentationTest
The error msg:
ERROR: In
/home/ibanez/src/VTK/Filtering/vtkStreamingDemandDrivenPipeline.cxx,
line 624
vtkImageImportExecutive (0x9fc8250): The update extent specified in
the information for output port 0 on algorithm
vtkImageImport(0x9fc7f90) is 0 511 0 511 4 4, which is outside the
whole extent 0 511 0 511 0 1.
(I have a solution for this one, by changing IGSTK code. But
essentially this is a bug from vtkImageImporter and vtkStreamPipeline,
so it might need more investigation.
)

Also fixed some remaining bugs with removing FLTK. and clean out the
testing part of the IGSTK, so that it will evaluate the IGSTK_USE_FLTK
  and IGSTK_DATA_ROOT variable to decide whether to add a test or not.

Sorry for the messy email.

Patrick