[IGSTK-Developers] preliminary schedule for Jan 4-5 planning meeting for next phase of IGSTK

Kevin Cleary cleary at georgetown.edu
Mon Dec 4 08:13:58 EST 2006

Hi everyone:

As most of you know, we will have a planning meeting at Georgetown on Jan
4-5 for the next phase of IGSTK. A start at the proposed schedule is below
my signature. We will discuss this at the tcon this Thursday at 1 pm, and
any feedback is welcome.

As far as the contract goes, I have been told by NIBIB that the earliest
start date for the new money is February 1st. It will then take me up to a
month to get subcontracts issued. So my guess is that we will not start work
again in any serious way until March or later. For now we are in maintenance
mode, trying to finish a few things and the book before the SPIE Medical
Imaging meeting in February.

For the planning meeting, I suggest we have a core group of the key
developers come to Georgetown and others can teleconference in. Right now, I
am hoping that Luis, David, Kevin Gary, and perhaps Andinet can come, while
Julien, Stephen, Rick, and Will can be available by teleconference for parts
of the meeting. I am also hoping that our Norway partners can come or
teleconference in. And I will invite Terry Yoo, Peter Kazanzides, and Noby
Hata to join us in person or by phone for parts of the meeting in an
advisory capacity (sorry, this may be the first you guys are hearing about
this;).

So please see the details below my signature and let me know if you have any
comments or suggestions. Once I clean this up some more, I will post it on
the Wiki.

Thanks

Kevin

Kevin Cleary, Ph.D.                        Work phone: 202-687-8253
Associate Professor                        Work fax: 202-784-3479
Deputy Director

Imaging Science and Information Systems (ISIS) Center
Department of Radiology                    Pager: 202-901-2033
Georgetown University Medical Center       Cell phone: 202-294-3409
2115 Wisconsin Avenue, Suite 603           Home phone: 301-299-0788
Washington, DC, 20007                      Home fax: 301-299-0789

ISIS center: www.isis.georgetown.edu
Research group: www.caimr.georgetown.edu
WashCAS: www.washcas.org
Email: cleary at georgetown.edu

Goal of Meeting: to set the strategic direction and general work plan for
the next three years of IGSTK development

Background:

*         First phase of project winding down (Small business contract to
Kitware)

*         Basic components of toolkit are in place

*         Three year NIH grant will start around February 1

*         Goal is to develop a robust toolkit that can be used in FDA
approved clinical applications as well as for prototyping of new
applications

*         State machine architecture is key feature

Two day planning meeting:

*         Thursday Jan 4: review of project, discussion of issues, strategic
directions for future work

*         Friday Jan 5: planning for future work, management plan, action
plan and milestones

Thursday Jan 4:

*         History of project, contracts, deliverables: Kevin Cleary

*         Core IGSTK

o        State machines: Luis

o        Tracker: David

o        Building an application: Patrick

*         User perspective: Ziv Yaniv

*         Validation activities: Kevin Gary

*         Application builder / workflow: Stephen Alyward

*         Norway perspective: Jon Kasperson / Frank Lindseth

*         Relationship with Slicer: Kevin Cleary / Noby Hata

*         Hopkins perspective: Peter Kazanzides

*         NLM perspective: Terry Yoo

*         Followed by discussion of:

o        Goals for next phase

o        Discussion of issues

o        Strategic directions

Friday Jan 5:

*         Implementation plan including infrastructure, tools, management

/// That's all ////