[IGSTK-Developers] Tcon Aug 03

Patrick Cheng cheng at isis.georgetown.edu
Wed Aug 2 14:24:45 EDT 2006

Hi Everyone,

I won't be able to attend the Tcon tomorrow, just want to update my
action items here:

1. PC: Add wish list to wiki for "nice features to add in the future"
  (Done)
    http://public.kitware.com/IGSTKWIKI/index.php/IGSTK_WishList

2. PC: Need 'dynamic' and 'static' transform types and transform
composition method. (1) (Done)
    Add LongestPossibleTime constant in igstkTimeStamp Class.

3. PC: Add a composition method for transform and it will also take
care the time stamp. (1) (Done)
    Add TransformCompose(Transform T1, Transform T2) static method in
igstkTransform class.
    Current implementation for calculating new time stamp is:
  TimePeriodType t =
                   (leftTransform.GetExpirationTime() <
                    rightTransform.GetExpirationTime()) ?
                    leftTransform.GetExpirationTime() :
                    rightTransform.GetExpirationTime();

   t -= RealTimeClock::GetTimeStamp();
   t = ( 0 > t ) ? 0 : t;
   transform.SetTranslationAndRotation( translation, rotation, error, t);
Question: Do we need a TransformComposeWithTimeStamp(Transform t1,
Transform t2, TimePeriodType t) to construct a new transform with a
new valid period?

4. PC: Write an igstkPathClass. (in progress)

5. Book chapters (in progress).

Thank you,

Patrick