[IGSTK-Developers] igstkView: new design

Julien Jomier jjomier at cs.unc.edu
Thu Jan 20 19:41:26 EST 2005

Hi all,

We've modified the class design for the Scene and the View so that now
multiple views are supported. I've checked in a new example in the
Sandbox called 'TwoViews' based on the HelloWorld application.

Basically, the scene now takes two arguments when adding an
ObjectRepresentation: The first one is the viewer and the second one is
the object representation. So we ensure that each viewer has its own
ObjectRepresentation. I've also added a Copy() method in each
ObjectRepresentation to help users.
Note also that the SetScene() has been removed from the View class so
the View class is now "passive". That allowed us to remove some of the
observers.

Luis has to clean some of the state machines with the new design but we
are feeling better now ;).

I've also added some tests so the coverage is better.

BTW, the style guide looks perfect,

Julien