[IGSTK-Developers] FW: Tracking

Kevin Cleary cleary at georgetown.edu
Wed Feb 23 16:32:03 EST 2005

Here is an interesting development. The group from Terry Peter's lab in
Canada, a leading group in image-guided surgery, has heard of IGSTK and may
be interested in contributing their tracker code.

This group has formed a spin-off company called Atamai dedicated to
open-source code

This guy David Gobbi contributed the re-slice class to VTK and I think he is
a very good developer

http://atamai.com/

I asked if they would be willing to contribute the code to IGSTK and it may
be a possibility - but there is a caveat here in they want to think about
how their company would benefit

So let me throw this out and if there is time on the tcon tomorrow we can
discuss briefly - if we think it is worth discussing further I will get Will
Schroeder's opinion as well

Regards all

Kevin

Kevin Cleary, Ph.D.                        Work phone: 202-687-8253
Associate Professor                        Work fax: 202-784-3479
Deputy Director

Imaging Science and Information Systems (ISIS) Center
Department of Radiology                    Pager: 202-901-2033
Georgetown University Medical Center       Cell phone: 202-294-3409
2115 Wisconsin Avenue, Suite 603           Home phone: 301-299-0788
Washington, DC, 20007                      Home fax: 301-299-0789

ISIS center: www.isis.georgetown.edu
Research group: www.caimr.georgetown.edu
WashCAS: www.washcas.org
Email: cleary at georgetown.edu