[Girder-users] girder_client.upload() not updating file contents

Michael Grauer michael.grauer at kitware.com
Thu May 4 13:33:11 EDT 2017

Hi John,

I just tried to reproduce this against a local Girder instance, which was
on the latest Girder master, and I used pip installed girder-client 2.2.0.

I was able to upload a folder and files, to a folder with items in Girder.

I then re-uploaded, without setting reuseExisting=True, in this case it
created all new items with names like "original name (1)" for a second copy
of a file named "original name".

I removed all of the "(1)" files, and then reuploaded using
reuseExisting=True, which didn't upload anything because all of the files
in Girder were up to date with the local files.

I then changed one of the local file's contents, and re-uploaded with
reuseExisting=True, it did upload and replace the one changed original file
with the new contents, and the size of the file changed (and I could
download the new file and verify the new contents), but the created and
updated timestamps on the item didn't change, nor did the item and file
names.

Let me know if you are still stuck,
Mike