[Girder-users] Querying by metadata

Andrés Fortier andres at ekumenlabs.com
Thu Jun 29 09:18:07 EDT 2017

Hi all,
first of all, sorry of this is a trivial question, just getting started
with Girder. We are currently evaluating using Girder as a backend to store
resources (either a folder or a file). One of the requirements we have is
that a resource may have 0, 1 or more "types" (although it will most likely
be 1 for a starter), which can be plain strings. Also, we want to be able
to search resources by type, even if they are in different collections.

Initially we thought on attaching a *type* property to a resource metadata,
which could be an array of strings. However the search bar in the web
front-end doesn't seem to support search by metadata, so I was wondering:
is metadata search supported on a collection? if yes, how about
cross-collection search? If no, should I write a plugin to do that?

Any hints / pointers are much appreciated.

Thanks!
Andy