[Girder-users] Find a file with a given name in a Collection

Brian E Chapman Brian.Chapman at utah.edu
Thu Apr 13 13:45:29 EDT 2017

Hi Everyone,

I’m interested using the Python API to find all the items in a collection that match a name pattern. I’ve written a recursive function that goes through the items and folders (using the client listItem and listFolder methods) in the collection but it seems incredibly slow and I’m assuming there must be a better way of doing it. I’m using girder_client vs 2.0.0

Brian E Chapman, Ph.D
Associate Professor
Department of Radiology and Imaging Sciences
University of Utah