[Dart] Problem running a submit...

David Cleaver wraithx at morpheus.net
Mon Jun 21 18:00:29 EDT 2004

Andy Cedilnik wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> I saw this problem and I fixed it by running submit several times or by
> running tclsh for Windows.
>
> CTest does not have this problem, so I suggest using it for submitting
> dashboards.
>
>                         Andy

OK, I ran "make ExperimentalSubmit" 5 times in a row and it gave the same
error every time.  Then I ran tclsh which brought me to another prompt.
Then I typed "make ExperimentalSubmit" which gave me something different,
but it still looks like an error.  Here it is:
% make ExperimentalSubmit
Building Utility ExperimentalSubmit...
Submit Experimental
        Establishing connection to drop box.
           FTP set to passive mode
        Beginning Submission
        Put Build.xml
        HTTP package version 2.4.2

    while executing
"::http::geturl $Dart(TriggerSite)?xmlfile=$urlFilename  -timeout
$triggerTimeOut"
    (procedure "TriggerSubmission" line 21)
    invoked from within
"TriggerSubmission $RemoteFilename"
    (procedure "SubmitFileByFTP" line 19)
    invoked from within
"SubmitFileByFTP $conn $Dart(DropBoxPrefix) $XMLFile"
    (procedure "Submit" line 51)
    invoked from within
"$Command $Model $BuildStampDir"
%

I ran it again under tclsh and it gave the same "error".  Is this an
error?  Then I exited tclsh, back into my cygwin environment, and ran
CTest.  All it did was run 36 tests.  (all of which passed by the way)  How
does CTest submit anything?  (I ran it under tclsh and it just ran the
tests there too, it didn't submit anything)

I'd really like to get this up and running.  However, I'm pretty new to
this so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.  Any help you can provide will
be greatly appreciated.

-David C.