[Dart] Submmission via ssh

Miller, James V (CRD) millerjv at crd.ge.com
Fri, 13 Jul 2001 09:11:46 -0400

 I think these are both good suggestions. Amitha, please send me your changes for scp submissions.

Eric, if you are on unix, you can set up this local server today using symbolic links.  Replace the
Testing/HTML/TestingResults directory on each Dart client with a symbolic link to the Dart server's
Testing/HTML/TestingResults directory. When each client runs, it will create the site and buildname
directories in the Dart server space. Dashboards will be generated as if a "Submit" had been done.
(If you are on the PC, then this really isn't feasible).

In fact, every client can call NightlyDashboardStart and NightlyDashboardEnd to create a local
dashboard of their client's results without having to set up a Dart server.

In the long run, however, I think the different submission strategies (ftp, scp, and copy) are all
important considerations.