[Ctk-developers] ctkPopupWidget misbehaviour on RHEL 6

Miklos Espak m.espak at ucl.ac.uk
Tue Dec 15 14:21:56 EST 2015

The window manager is metacity here. I tried several others, they were not
better.

The WindowStateChange event does happen. The eventFilter function does not
do anything with it because the isHidingCandidate() function gives false.
But the temporarilyHiddenOff function is called when the windows is
restored. It is triggered by the Show event.

Weirdly, it never happens when I run the application through the debugger,
stopping at breakpoints. But if I launch the same app (same debug build)
directly, it happens always. Not always for the first time, though,
sometimes only for the 3rd or 4th attempt of minimise / restore. But when
it happened, there is no way to get the popup widget back.

Can it be related to the order in which some slots are called?

Cheers,
Miklos