[Ctk-developers] Observing signals in a CTK widget

Steve Pieper pieper at isomics.com
Tue Dec 8 20:21:36 EST 2015

Hi Jonathan -

That widget emits a signal when changed [1], which you can get with the
coordinates property [2].  In python this is available as a string, so
you'll need to parse that to make use of the values.

Here's an example that shows a dialog when the values are changed.  You can
just paste it into the slicer python console.

c = ctk.ctkCoordinatesWidget()
c.show()
c.connect('coordinatesChanged(double*)', lambda cc:
qt.QMessageBox.information(None, 'coordinates', c.coordinates))

HTH,
Steve

[1]
http://www.commontk.org/docs/html/classctkCoordinatesWidget.html#a0de7bec85eadf564e911d5c97679f4b9