[Ctk-developers] Link error with CTK and VTK

Jean-Christophe Fillion-Robin jchris.fillionr at kitware.com
Thu Apr 30 02:14:54 EDT 2015

Hi Quentan,

On Fri, Mar 27, 2015 at 10:58 AM, Quentan Qi <quentan at gmail.com> wrote:

> I recompiled CTK using the latest VTK 6.2.0 and it works well. No glitch
> complains from that example any more.

Great.

> But the Qt widgets `ctkVTKRenderView` and `ctkVTKSliceView`, which come
> from library file
> `Qt\plugin\designer\libCTKVisualizationVTKWidgetsPlugins.so`,  fail to work
> and crash Qt Designer. All the other widgets work correctly. This may not
> be a serious problem.

If you have a debug build of Qt, you could also build CTK in Debug and
attach the debugger to Qt Designer. That should allow you to identify the
origin of the crash.

> I’m now running on OS X 10.10 with VTK 6.2.0 and Qt 4.8.6. I also wonder
> when CTK can work with Qt 5, because VTK is quite compatible with it but I
> failed to compile CTK with VTK 6.2.0 bundled with Qt 5.2.1.

CTK master should now support building against Qt5. You should be able to
set the option CTK_QT_VERSION to 5
See
https://github.com/commontk/CTK/blob/e4e9cc326d4ab603785267defebcdcbf514d429d/CMake/ctkMacroSetupQt.cmake#L23-L26

Hth