[Ctk-developers] CTK plugin framework tutorial/example

Andras Lasso lasso at cs.queensu.ca
Fri May 24 11:24:26 EDT 2013

I would suggest to use the Plus toolkit (www.plustoolkit.org). Plus can
connect to multiple imaging and tracking devices simultaneously, acquire,
synchronize, record data, stream through OpenIGTLink, contains spatial and
temporal calibration algorithms, etc.

For visualization there is no need to develop any new software, you can just
stream the Plus output to 3D Slicer and visualize everything there (see
www.slicerigt.org).

All open-source, non-restrictive license, fully customizable, extensible,
etc. with good training & support (email/remote desktop/personal visit), all
free. So, consider using these existing platforms before start coding.

Andras

Andras Lasso, PhD
Senior Medical Image Computing & Applications Engineer
Associate Director of Laboratory for Percutanous Surgery
School of Computing
Queen's University
Kingston, ON, CANADA
Email: lasso at cs.queensu.ca