[Ctk-developers] Quazip, zlib dependency

Miklos Espak espakm at gmail.com
Mon Aug 5 10:25:52 EDT 2013

Hi,

we discussed in December that Quazip could be used as an external project
of CTK for zip support, e.g. for the XNAT plugin. Sascha set up a CMake
file that pulls it and builds it as an external project.

It works fine on Linux and Mac, but not on Windows, because Quazip depends
on zlib that is not installed on Windows systems by default.

So the question is, how to handle this situation? Should CTK build also
zlib as an external project, or we can say that zlib must be installed on
the system?

Currently, the zip/unzip functionality of our XNAT plugin has not been
pulled up to CTK, it is done in our application. Should it be kept like
this? If yes, the question is irrelevant.

What do you suggest?

Cheers,
Miklos