[Ctk-developers] problem compiling dcmtk

Curzio Basso curzio at camelotbio.com
Tue Mar 6 06:03:08 EST 2012

Hello Michael,

> We had some intensive discussion about that and there are many pros and
> cons to forward to the latest snapshot, or open a branch. Most people
> prefer an official, full release of DCMTK and then upgrade CTK to that.

I understand and agree, my case is a bit unfortunate...

> Our plan is to have such a release this year. Currently, we may get
> support from a third party; then it could be around June, otherwise I
> would aim at winter (traditionally we do releases around Christmas
> time:-)) And yes, it would be nice to have more releases, I know!

Ok, so there should be a new dcmtk release at most in winter, and ctk
would upgrade (shortly?) afterwards.

> If the main CTK developers like to forward _before_ such a release this
> is of course fine from our side. I don't know whether people like
> to reanimate that discussion ;)

I think you guys already studied and discussed the problem long enough,
and I don't think I can provide a new angle to that. Personally, I think
I can wait for the next release. Hoping that it comes in June: it will be a
birthday present, rather than a christmas one!

best
curzio

--
Curzio Basso, Ph.D