[Ctk-developers] problem compiling dcmtk

Curzio Basso curzio at camelotbio.com
Mon Mar 5 10:14:21 EST 2012

Hi Michael,

thanks for your help.

> This problem has been fixed meanwhile in DCMTK (see commit [1]). You
> might try the latest DCMTK code or apply a local patch.

Indeed, using the last DCMTK snapshot solved the compilation problem, but unfortunately it seems to have raised another issue...

What I did was to:
- substitute the original DCMTK directory that gets cloned during the superbuild with the most recent snapshot
- issue a 'make clean' in the DCMTK-build directory (if I clean in CTK-build the DCMTK directory gets cloned anew)
- make

The compilation now runs fine, but apparently at the end it tries to install dcmtk into a system directory, therefore yielding an error, rather than installing it locally (or not installing at all):

Linking CXX executable ../../bin/dcmpssnd
[100%] Built target dcmpssnd
Install the project...
-- Install configuration: "Debug"
CMake Error at cmake_install.cmake:33 (FILE):
  file cannot create directory: /include/dcmtk/config.  Maybe need
  administrative privileges.

So I assume that the right way to proceed is to apply the patch to the original CTK branch of DCMTK, is that correct? Is there a way to patch all files (hope so), or do I have to manually download and apply a patch for each file (boooo)?

Thanks again for your patience,

curzio

--
Curzio Basso, Ph.D