[Ctk-developers] Crash in ~OFCondition()

Marco Nolden m.nolden at dkfz-heidelberg.de
Wed Feb 15 11:04:52 EST 2012

Hi Jörg,

thanks. I just changed the DCMTK build type to SHARED inside of CTK and
it worked as well (plain 3.6 release). Unfortunately I can't remember
why we switched to static. For windows? jc?

Since updating everything to some intermediate version of DCMTK has a
lot of implications for us we would prefer to use this solution if
possible. Let's wait if anyone can remember why a shared DCMTK was a bad
idea ...

Best,
Marco

On 02/15/2012 04:18 PM, OFFIS DICOM Team wrote:
> Hi Marco,
>
>> I'm also affected by the problem now on Fedora 16. Is there any
>> workaround? I can't start our application at all.
>
> good question. We've just committed a major rewrite of the OFCondition class
> that should solve this (and all related) issues:
>

> http://git.dcmtk.org/web?p=dcmtk.git;a=commit;h=19ec80fae2dda21af1d3c3eb9be279a64c70e21e
>
> Unfortunately, I could not test yet whether it really works with Julien's
> test program. This is something I have to do this evening with my private
> notebook (Ubuntu 11.10), a system on which I could reproduce the crash with
> the old implementation.
>
> Regards,
> Jörg Riesmeier

Dipl.-Inform. Med. Marco Nolden
Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum       (German Cancer Research Center)
Div. Medical & Biological Informatics          Tel: (+49) 6221-42 2325
Im Neuenheimer Feld 280                        Fax: (+49) 6221-42 2345
D-69120 Heidelberg                             eMail: M.Nolden at dkfz.de