[Ctk-developers] Crash in ~OFCondition()

Julien Finet julien.finet at kitware.com
Fri Feb 3 11:40:13 EST 2012

Hi Jorg,

I tried to compile CTK with the latest DCTMK and I still have the "pure
virtual method called" crash with DCMTK trunk compiled within CTK.
Minor changes to CTK must be done to be able to build CTK with DCMTK
trunk: (see https://github.com/finetjul/CTK/tree/dcmtk-trunk)
  (I then configure my ofConditionCrash project doing the following: ccmake
-DDCMTK_DIR:STRING=~/Work/CTK/CTK-Superbuild/CMakeExternals/Install ../src).
Can you suggest a work-around for the time being ?

However, if I manually build DCMTK, then there is no crash in my project
ofConditionCrash. I'm not sure what's different between DCMTK in CTK and a
stand alone DCMTK :-/

Anyway, when you guys rewrite the OfCondition code, can you please try to
build DCMTK in CTK and test the ofConditionCrash project (you might want to
make it a unit test within DCMTK) ?

Thanks a lot for your help,
Julien.
p.s. see bellow a DCMTK trunk build error (ubuntu 11.10, 64bits, cmake
2.8.5) with a suggested fix.

HEAD is now at b99bb83... Don't call MSVC++ with -fvisibility=hidden.
[ 60%] [ 60%] No update step for 'DCMTK'
No patch step for 'DCMTK'
[ 60%] Performing configure step for 'DCMTK'
/home/julien/Work/Slicer/Slicer4/Slicer4-Debug/CTK-build/DCMTK-cmake/tmp/DCMTK-cache.cmake
CMake Error at CMake/FindICONV.cmake:20 (FIND_PACKAGE_HANDLE_STANDARD_ARGS):
  Unknown CMake command "FIND_PACKAGE_HANDLE_STANDARD_ARGS".
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  CMake/3rdparty.cmake:229 (FIND_PACKAGE)
  CMakeLists.txt:260 (INCLUDE)

make[5]: *** [DCMTK-cmake/src/DCMTK-stamp/DCMTK-configure] Error 1
make[4]: *** [CMakeFiles/DCMTK.dir/all] Error 2
make[3]: *** [all] Error 2
make[2]: *** [CTK-prefix/src/CTK-stamp/CTK-build] Error 2
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/CTK.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Can be fixed by adding: include(FindPackageHandleStandardArgs) in
CMake/FindICONV.cmake