[Ctk-developers] Clang and DCMTK

Sascha Zelzer s.zelzer at dkfz-heidelberg.de
Sun Apr 29 05:28:16 EDT 2012

Hi Folks,

I would look to see proper Clang support in CTK (and hence MITK) such
that the native build tools on MacOS can be used (Clang is the default
compiler for XCode).

It looks like the only show-stopper is the DCMTK version we are using.
This problem has already been identified on the the Slicer mailing list
[1] and I suggest to move forward with Jc's option b)

Update the sha1 ofgit.dcmtk.org/dcmtk.git  <http://git.dcmtk.org/dcmtk.git>    required to build CTK

Using the DCMTK 3.6.1 snapshot [2] would fix the DCMTK Clang issues and
would also fix a few other issues we had in CTK (J2's static
initialization problems and the duplicated DICOM SCU class). You can
have a look at the necessary changes in CTK here:

https://github.com/saschazelzer/CTK/compare/master...dcmtk-3.6.1-snapshot-compatibility

Does anybody have any objections to merging the above branch into CTK
master?

Thanks,

Sascha

[1]: