[Ctk-developers] how to enable logging

Sascha Zelzer s.zelzer at dkfz-heidelberg.de
Sat Oct 22 05:41:03 EDT 2011

Hi,

On 10/21/2011 08:57 PM, Jean-Christophe Fillion-Robin wrote:
> Hi Miklos,
>
> Thanks for looking into the logging system.
>
> Log4Qt being a mandatory dependency of CTK, if you are talking about
> "CTK_PLUGIN_org.commontk.log4qt". This is an "experimental" plugin
> that should probably be removed. Sasha would be able to comment about
> that.

Right now, there are two logging plug-ins which (try to) provide an
implementation of the ctkLogService service interface. The
org.commontk.log plug-in just uses "qDebug" as the logging back-end. The
org.commontk.log4qt plug-in uses Log4Qt as the back-end but it is not
finished yet. I intend to complete the implementation in the future.
This code is of course only relevant if you want to use a logging
mechanism inside CTK plug-ins which is decoupled from the actually used
back-end.

Best,
Sascha