[Ctk-developers] CMake configuration simplified

Sascha Zelzer s.zelzer at dkfz-heidelberg.de
Fri Nov 18 10:42:55 EST 2011

Hi Folks,

I would like to draw your attention to a new feature of the CTK build
system which I personally find very pleasing.

During the Sophia-Antipolis Hackfest we worked on making it easier for
new CTK users to configure CTK with CMake. Previously, many build
options were displayed after the initial configure run. This was
overwhelming and confusing.

The new system retains all previous CMake options but marks nearly all
of them as advanced. You will now see a set of high-level options which
are used to enable a default set of libraries and/or plugins related to
one of the main "sub-projects" inside CTK. However, you still have full
control over all build options in advanced mode.

The relevant merge commit is

https://github.com/commontk/CTK/commit/7cac6550c2cade1fb69ec2136c89b56ed332d99b

Let us now if you have any troubles using it.

Thanks,

Sascha