[Ctk-developers] PythonQt: No Commercial Usage (was Re: Indiana License ?)

Stephen Aylward stephen.aylward at kitware.com
Thu Mar 10 10:08:08 EST 2011

Hi,

So - I'm not fully following the thread....is this code in CTK?   If
so, is it available under a BSD license?

If it is not in CTK, then we can instruct people on how to download
and use it to build CTK - and if it is LGPL, we can even use
superbuild if we also include instructions on how to manually do it in
the documentation.

However, if it is in CTK's git repo, then it must be a BSD license.
This was determined from the start of CTK.   Regardless of how it is
used in CTK, all code in CTK must be BSD, or confusion ensues for
future users...and companies will simply walk away from CTK if they
know it contains any LGPL code - lawyers don't care about nuances of
how it is used, they simply will deny their company's ability to use
it.

Thanks,
Stephen