[Ctk-developers] External projects in commontk github organization

Sascha Zelzer s.zelzer at dkfz-heidelberg.de
Tue Jun 7 01:48:42 EDT 2011

Hi guys,

Recently, I observed an explosion in the number of repositories
containing external repositories in the CommonTK organization of github.
Could we discuss the need of some of them, and maybe have these
discussions in the future in advance of pushing those projects?

I am looking especially at the projects below, where Qt might already
offer enough functionality. Of course I could be wrong, so thank you for
your feedback!

- sqlite (why not use the Qt sqlite wrapper?)
- KWSys (where is it needed? I did not find any reference to it in CTK)
- libexpat (Qt also provides a streaming XML API, also not used anywhere)
- libcurl (there is also no reference to libcurl in CTK)

Thanks,

Sascha